Bio: Full stack web developer with extensive background in film, television, and media. I trained as a Moving Image Preservation Specialist where I specialized in the preservation and restoration of digital and software-based artworks. I shifted my area of focus to coding because I wanted to develop tools and technologies that expand information and access of media and art to new sectors and communities.
Languages: English: Native; Spanish: Fluent; French: Proficient; Portuguese: Intermediate; American Sign Language: Beginner; Dutch: Learning; Guaraní: Learning
Flatiron School: Immersive Full Stack Web Development (05/2019 - 08/2019)
New York University: M.A., Moving Image Archiving and Preservation (05/2015)
New York University: B.A., Cinema Studies, B.A. (Honors), Spanish and Latin American Literature and Cultures (05/2013)
Materia Media: Website consultant, New York City, NY (03/2020 - Present)
- Construction and maintenance for the Wordpress site, https://materiamedia.com/
- Fixed the sizing and responsiveness of audiovisual media.
- Designing the website according to client requirements and specifications.
Freelance Tech Support: New York City, NY (06/2020 - Present)
- Technical Support Specialist for private clients on technology training
- Teach basic computer education and skills development on computers, laptops, and web browsers
Museum of Modern Art: Project Coordinator, New York City, NY, (08/2019 - 06/2020)
- Arranged the usability and accessibility of online resources generated from three workshops, three peer forums, and extensive research from the last five years.
- Scheduled check-ins, reminders, and meetings for the Media Conservation Department.
- Managed the financial budgets and spendings regarding the Media Conservation Initiative program. Main point of contact for the Media Conservation department at MoMA, project’s participants for these workshops and peer forums, the fellows of the Media Conservation Initiative, and the general media conservation field.
Voices in Contemporary Art (VoCA): Project Assistant, New York City, NY (01/2019 - 04/ 2020)
- Collaborated with the Executive Director and Program Manager in all administrative duties to plan the three onsite workshops to address challenges in preserving contemporary works
- Managed VoCA's on-site event logistics from transportation arrangement, event venue set-up, and guest check-in
- Photographed and documented the events for social media and marketing
Small Data Industries: Consultant in Time-Based Media, Brooklyn, NY (02/2018 - 11/2018)
- Managed strategic planning documentation on the installation and conservation treatments
- Developed proposals for the design of digital preservation processes for both small-scale and institution-wise digital repositories to ingest digital and digitized materials from collections
- Conducted innovative research to preserve digital media: software, animated GIFs, 3D video, emulation, virtualization, and digitization
- Focused on investigating (technical) requirements and wishes for digital preservation of media objects
The Metropolitan Museum of Art: Research Assistant, New York City, NY (01/2018 - 07/2018)
- Identified over 200 time-based artworks within the Photographs, Modern & Contemporary, Asian art, Costume Institute, and Drawings and Prints departments
- Researched the hardware and software components for each artwork
- Compiled all the information into spreadsheets and reports as accessible deliverables for the departments
- Conducted research on best practices for digital preservation of media
DCPL Memory Labs: Project Coordinator, Washington, D.C. (08/2017 - 01/2018)
- Coordinated organizations to work together and set up a system of national facilities to digitize analog materials and make digital memories more visible, usable and sustainable
- Educated public users on the digital preservation basics of their personal audiovisual collections and how to build digitization stations
National Portrait Gallery:Time-Based Media conservator, Washington, D.C. (03/2017 - 12/2017)
- Contracted as time-based media conservator to the Portrait Gallery’s digital arts team
- Produced a variety of reports for media artworks in TMS
- Acted as the main liaison between the curatorial, conservation, and registration departments to ensure the integrity and authenticity of the digital asset delivered by the artists
- Aggregated digital objects in AIPs (Archival Information Package) for the ingest to DAMS (Data Assets Management System)
- Proposed long-term planning for preservation storage of born-digital art
- Worked on the preparation and cataloguing of Aura Satz's Her Luminous Distance (2014)
Howard University Television (WHUT): National Digital Stewardship Resident, Washington, D.C. (08/2016 - 07/2017)
- Developed a workflow to fulfill creative and preservation requirements
- Constructed a database system in order to manage local programming and digital assets from its video archives
- Wrote a long-term digital preservation strategy with a customized set of tools and workflows
- Collaborated with engineering and programming departments to monitor data migration from editing suites to LTO tapes
- Collaborated with the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture to conduct digitization projects for over twenty 2-inch open reels analog media to accessible and sustainable digital file formats
New York University: Adjunct Archivist, New York City, NY (08/2015 - 07/2016)
- Promoted from Intern to Adjunct Archivist after graduation. Worked on a Mellon grant funded web-archiving project—Archiving Composers’ Website—to harvest over 330 websites
- Improved audiovisual capture for high-quality audio and video collections to web archives
- Managed extensive collaboration with Archive-It and other web-archiving tools to improve user experience
- Performed quality assurance and quality control of web crawls. Developed scripts and several web-archiving guidelines within the library's scope and mission
Planned Parenthood: Digital Asset Manager, New York City, NY (10/2015 - 07/2016)
- Performed as a liaison between DAM vendors and offices in New York and Washington, D.C. to establish cataloging standards from naming conventions to hierarchical structures for data management
- Managed controlled vocabularies and taxonomy for all assets in the DAMs
- Monitored process and workflow to create archives for institutional oral history
- Inventoried, managed, and shipped over 500 audiovisual materials and records from the Planned Parenthood Library to Smith College
The Graduate Center: Digital Media Specialist, New York City, NY (10/2015 - 07/2016)
- Refined descriptive metadata for video assets in CUNY’s database
- Developed familiarity with specific command line scripts developed by CUNY for digitization and digital preservation
- Assisted with Betacam digitization, data backup. Recalled and audited of LTO 5 tapes
- Catalogued and preserved in Spanish and English the CUNY television series, Nueva York
Museu do Arte Moderna: Archival Film Specialist, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil (06/2014 - 09/2014)
- Inspected, repaired, and cleaned over 200 35mm film prints for long-term storage.
- Translated film inspection sheet from Portuguese to English.
- Implemented the best practices for audiovisual archiving using the resources available to the Museu de Arte Moderna.
WITNESS: Media Archival Specialist, Brooklyn, NY (02/2014 - 06/2014)
- Conducted in-house digitization for over 100 miniDVs from WITNESS’s archive. Translated from Spanish to English keywords of fifteen miniDVs from the Junta Collection, a series of videos of Argentina’s trials on the dictatorship. Cataloged and enriched the descriptive metadata for projects (EAAF, V4C, Brazil) within WITNESS’s Digital Asset Management system
Barbara Goldsmith Conservation Laboratory:Audiovisual Specialist, New York City, NY (09/2013 - 06/2015)
- Performed quality control and assurance during the digitizing process at the Special Collections
- Contributed collection assessment reports grant-funded projects and media collections from Fales, University Archives, and Tamiment-Wagner