Paraguayan Cinema Anthology- WIP
An entire history of Paraguayan cinema with details on director, actors, and production companies. Links to movies will be provided if they are available.
Knowledge Obsolescence & AV Preservation- WIP
In collaboration with moving image archivist, Brianna Toth, we are working to make the data from the Assessing Knowledge Obsolescence of AV Technical Skills survey into a sort of API so others can use the data for their own projects and grants.
ARTEdu Series: Radical Women in Latin America - WIP
ARTEdu Series is an art research project that focuses and highlights the various practices, artworks, and artists in Latin America. The first part of the series is inspired by the 2018 exhibition, Radical Women: Latin America Art, 1960-1985.
- Ruby on Rails Stack: Redux - Ruby - SQLite - Rails
- Created an interactive interface with React/Redux authentication for login and sign up routes
- Built a Rails backend to persist user data and collections
- Designed a CSS interface with a combination of Semantic-UI implementation and vanilla CSS
- Built with Ruby on Rails and SQLite to handle the user data and games in the database
- Utilized data attributions, flexbox, event handling, timeouts, and ternaries for user interaction
Ruby Code| HexCode is a Rails web application that transports users to a mystical journey of their occult fantasies through horoscopes, spell curation, moon phases, and herbal medicine
- Ruby - SQLite - Rails
- Validated users via a Rails authentication using Bcrypt gem for login and sign up routes
- Developed MVC framework using Ruby on Rails with model associations and validation
- Utilized two APIs to determine the moon phase of the day and the horoscope of the day based on the user’s zodiac sign
- ffmprovisr https://github.com/amiaopensource/ffmprovisr
Part of the collaborative community that develops and shares scripts and documentation for the use and understanding of FFmpeg, a software project for handling video, audio, and other multimedia files.
- Artifact Atlas http://www.avartifactatlas.com/
Part of the collaborative team that contributes to the AV Artifact Atlas, a resource for identifying errors and anomalies in analog and digital video.
- Audio Video Known Issues Data (AVIKID)
Part of the collaborative team collecting information about tape decks and preservation equipment in order to create a resource that preservationists can use to help troubleshoot equipment.
Volunteer and Community Work
- XFR Collective (XFR) Active Member since 2015
Partners with artists, activists, and community organizations to preserve at-risk audiovisual media.
- Archivistas en Espanglish Co-founder and Active member since 2018
Amplifies spaces for a collective memory of the Americas. Provides and circulates resources in Spanish on archives and preservation.
- Association of Moving Image Archivists (AMIA) Active Member since 2013
Chair of International Outreach Committee. Member of AMIA Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship Program
- No Time To Wait (NTTW) Attendee and Volunteer since 2018
Livestream coordinator. Transcription and Spanish translation of YouTube videos for 2019’s conference.
- APEX 2018: CTAV (06/2018)
Collaborated with Centro Técnico do Audiovisual (CTAV) film archives in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. Inventoried over 500 items of various media formats (DCPs, ¼” audio reels, audio cassettes, 8mm film, VHS, Betacams, u-matics). Processed and cleaned 8mm film collection and 16mm film collections. Modified a NAGRA audio machine to digitize oral histories of a presidential election.
- APEX 2016: Biblioteca Nacional and Señal 3 de la Victoria (05/2016)
Collaborated with two organizations in Santiago, Chile - the Biblioteca Nacional and Señal 3, a community TV station, on their audiovisual collections. Spliced leader onto 100 films. Inventoried over 100 films for a home movie film collection. Built a telecine to digitize films for access copies. Inventoried over 200 video assets for Señal 3.
- APEX 2015: TV Pública (06/2015)
Coordinated with Museo del Cine and TV Pública to organize an audiovisual preservation exchange with NYU. Organized over 15 participants for a two week exchange in Buenos Aires. Inventoried and cleaned TV Pública’s two-inch quad collection of broadcasts of the 1980s.
- APEX 2014: Fundación de Arte Contemporáneo (FAC) (06/2014)
Collaborated with Fundación de Arte Contemporaneo (FAC) in film preservation. Learned the process and workflow of optical printing. Installed a performative film exhibition at AJI.